Preventative maintenance and seasonal tune-ups are the keys to an effective and efficient air conditioning system. But, what are the differences between these two necessary AC services? Allow the HVAC experts at Colman Heating & Air explain.
What Happens During a Preventative HVAC Maintenance Appointment?
Regular, preventative air conditioner maintenance is essential to comfortable, clean indoor air and lower energy bills. Maintenance also ensures that your system lasts as long or longer than is estimated (air conditioners usually last about 15 years). Only allowing HVAC experts to service your air conditioning system is another preventative measure to take to ensure a long-lasting system. During a preventative maintenance checkup, Colman Air technicians will:
– Check for oil and Freon leaks
– Inspect evaporator coils and condensate pan
– Check compressor operation pressures
– Check amperage of all compressors and fan motors
– Check all electrical connections and wiring
– Lube motor and shaft bearings if needed
– Clean condenser coil as needed
– Service electric heat strips as needed
– Check for noise or vibrations
– Inspect and test safety controls
– Check thermostat
What Does a Seasonal HVAC Tune-Up Include?
A seasonal tune-up for your air conditioner is different from a preventative maintenance appointment in that a tune-up appointment will:
– Inspect coolant levels and pressure—to ensure your system runs at peak efficiency
– Calibrate thermostat(s) and check proper cycle and temperature—to improve comfort and control
– Inspect and tighten wiring, contacts, capacitors and relays—to avoid expensive repairs
– Ensure the evaporator coil is clean
– Ensure the condensate drain is clear
– Inspect and clean the condenser
– Inspect the outdoor disconnect
– Inspect the condenser fan motor and blades; lubricate if needed
– Check compressor amps at startup
– Plus more safety and efficiency checks
Contact Colman Heating & Air for HVAC Maintenance in Titusville
Colman Heating & Air services the entire Space Coast to ensure residents are as comfortable as possible in Florida’s heat and humidity. We also provide a Planned Maintenance program to give you the peace of mind knowing you will never be without your air conditioner.
When you sign up for planned maintenance, you will receive:
– 2 Comprehensive AC Cleanings a Year
– Priority Scheduling
– 10% Off All Parts