What Are Easy and Eco-Friendly Ways to Save Money?
Earth Day is quickly approaching. Have you thought about how to save money and be more eco-friendly at the same time? At Colman Heating and Air, we are all about saving energy while maintaining the comfort of your home. To give everyone a reminder about the importance of saving energy, we’ve gathered some tips and tricks.
Here are some eco-friendly ways to save money and save the planet:
- Unplug electrical appliances that aren’t in use. Most of them still consume energy, even when they’re not actively in use.
- Turn off lights when you leave the room. This is a no-brainer energy tip, but it’s easy to forget in the moment.
- During the summer, close the blinds or use awnings. Anything to reduce the direct sunlight in your home. Your AC will thank you by working more efficiently.
- When you leave the house during summer, turn up your thermostat so your AC doesn’t need to work as hard. In the winter, turn down your thermostat while you’re gone to be cost effective and efficient.
- Seal ducts and empty spaces between your door frame and the wall as well as cracks between the windows and wall. This will help your AC run more efficiently and you’ll waste less energy.
- Arrange your furniture and drapes so nothing is obstructing your vents and grilles. This will make your AC run more efficiently and will lower your monthly energy bills..
- Change your air filters. This will help you breathe easy as well as save money.
- Use reusable water bottles instead of plastic bottles.
- Insulate your house! Not only will it provide you with comfort, but it will also save you money in the long run.
- If you’re running heat or the AC, make sure to double check that all windows and doors are closed. This will help keep you comfy and save energy.
- Make your own cleaning supplies. We’ve written a few different blogs on how to clean with basic household items. Not only does this save you money and keep your house clean, but it is also good for the environment. You can even clean your AC drain line with vinegar.
- Here are some additional simple—and easily forgotten—ways to save energy and money:
- Prepare meals from scratch
- Try not to waste food
- Wait until your dishwasher is totally full to run it.
- Try to hang clothes instead of using the dryer
- Don’t water when you wash your face and brush your teeth
- Use cloth napkins and non-disposable plates and bowls
Call Colman Heating and Air for Energy Efficient Appliances
At Colman, we are passionate about providing you quality products and excellent service. If you need an air filter changed, a new thermostat or an upgraded HVAC system, we are the people to call. Contact us through our website or call us over the phone. We would love to hear from you.