Air Filters have a big job to do when it comes to keeping your heating and cooling system performing optimally. Often overlooked, air filters can quickly accumulate dirt and debris if not changed regularly enough, leaving homeowners and renters perplexed when they must constantly remove a fresh layer of dust every day. Unless you are an air filter expert, you might not know about these air filter facts:
6 Facts About Your AC Filter
1. MERV ratings, or minimum efficiency reporting value, classify and rate the effectiveness of air filters
2. Some air filters actually ionize airborne particles so they attach to other surfaces and settle faster.
3. Those with asthma and even emphysema can benefit from the right air filter.
5. Did you know there are three different types of air filters?
6. Removing the air filter entirely can cause the evaporator coil to fail.
Contact Colman Heating & Air to Schedule AC Maintenance, Which Includes AC Filter Replacements
For even more AC maintenance tips, contact Colman Heating and Air.