Sometimes the food, pets and guests leave behind unpleasant odors. You want to be able to enjoy your home without the lingering reminders of meals past, and enjoy your companion animals in spite of their less than appealing scents. You also don’t want to cover the smell with a cloud of noxious chemicals. Instead, get to the root of the problem and remove the odors naturally, so you can get back to enjoying your indoor air.
8 Ways to Improve Your Home’s Indoor Air Quality
1. Be sure to remove all known sources of biological pollutants in your home. Some may surprise you!
2. For your four-legged friends, learn how to remove pet stains and odors before they build up.
3. Get rid of indoor cigarette smoke odors, which can cling to furniture for years.
4. Avoid musty odors that hang around.
5. Take a hint from NASA, and use plants to clean the air around you.
6. Consider using a portable air filter or replacing your AC filter with one designed for removing more air contaminants.
7. For a fresh scent, dab a drop of essential oil on a light bulb or create a homemade air freshener using distilled water, a spray bottle and a few drops of your favorite essential oil.
8. Use activated carbon or a box of baking soda and in the fridge, freezer or under the kitchen sink to help curb old food odors and other musty smells.
Contact Colman Heating & Air for Home AC Service
Still struggling with indoor odors? Contact Colman Heating & Air for all your indoor air quality solutions.